Friday, 22 April 2011

Strawberry day

The incredible thunderstorms and scorchio spells have worked some magic in the strawberry patch, there were 6 today I seem to remember that within a few weeks there will be kilos, I had better think of things to do with strawberries.

 I have started playing with bits of stone on the lareira, I started polishing the corner of it a while back, it is a lovely blue and green serpentine  - it will take a while to polish it all but should be worth doing.
 The council have been clearing the ditches at the sides of the road, two youngish lads driving a mini-digger and front loader dumper truck respectively and arguing a lot, I managed to understand a little of it - mostly - "You didn't want to do it like that; you wanted to do it like this."  Its holiday today so they didn't turn up, there is some lovely soil in there so I have been out digging some up too.
 This was a cutting 18 months ago, I hope to go round the shrubs tomorrow taking more cuttings, it pays off.
 This young rhododendron is growing fast, I find them harder to strike cuttings than azeleas.
 The leopard aloe flower is suddenly changing shape
 and the aloe vera is now about chest high, shame I keep breaking bits off it and using the gel.
Its flower time some of the little succulents are wonderful if you take the time to get down and look.
 the individual flowers are almost protea like on this one  
 I had to run for cover as a huge storm rushed in, I spent ages with the video going but missed all of the good lightning.
Blog is getting very gardenish, I really must get out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.