Hooray I fixed the washing machine just as I was running out of clothes, managed to tidy some of the house for a change then I did some strimming and planted more stuff another agave and a prickly pear in the middle of them, in about 5 years they should be big enough to be touching each other with the cactus in the middle it will be a no go zone as they are a bit prickly...
...but quite striking even at 2 years old. They are on a dry little hillock at the top of the garden and I have planted some elegant palms nearby, it is odd planting such things in ground that also hosts stitchwort, toadflax, foxgloves and wild honeysuckle.
One of the apple trees is doing very symmetrical blossom in groups of 6
The biggest Camellia out front has been flowering since January and is really peaking just now, they can look a bit dowdy with browning blossom on them but this year the petals are falling like pink confetti
The bananas from Jungle seeds have enjoyed escaping their pots and getting out into the rain. Incidentally I heard via Mel that if it thunders on a full moon it will rain for 15 days here - its doing well at that so far but loads of sun in between showers and a fair bit of the rain is falling at night. I bought varieties of banana that were edible or edibleish but not expecting flowers or fruit this year. This one should reach a couple of meters and have broad stripy leaves and a rich reddish stem. When the wind blows hard the older leaves snap but do not break off, they hang there collecting moisture from mist and rain for a month or two and directing it to the base. I must do something with that pear tree trunk in the background it has been seasoning for a couple of years and should have some lovely carving wood inside it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.