I spent the most of the day fitting our new chimney and sorting some plumbing then had a wander round the garden and off to see friends.
I think this is purple toadflax, it is very like little snapdragons and there is loads of it.
Bindle, Ruan Stanley and Alfie have arrived this is Stanley looking pensive.
Lorena's lovely little chalet mostly made from reclaimed material...I want one please Sam.
When she saw the camera she insisted on posing
The old olive tree provided much needed shade even late afternoon it was a tad too hot today.
Alejandro decided to wait for trifle rather than come kayaking, the video is the last few hundreds meters of track leading to where it is easy to get the kayak in the water.
The track leads to a very handy and quiet parking place.
Tamarisk is flowering well this year.
There seems to be a path going on round the estuary towards the bridge must explore it one day.
An hour after high tide is the wrong time to go in at Vilarrube, there is a lot of water heading out to sea, the trouble with that kind of Kayak is there is not room for anything but a very compact camera so no pics of the journey unfortunately.
The main beach at Vilarrube is really safe but the estuary bit is not, it took no time at all to get from the launching spot out to sea but coming back was more effort, the first half of the outgoing tide is fairly dangerous with very strong currents as the whole estuary empties through a narrow channel in a couple of hours. Coming back in at times the flow was faster than I could sprint paddle against and its a long very rapid kayak. I had to dodge from one side to the other to make any progress and stopped off to play with the whirlpools, amazing how they move around within about a 40 X 40 meter area and very strange being spun around by them, I would not like to have been swimming. I eventually made it back a few hours later, fortunately a little creek leads fairly close to the shore and there is not too much dragging across sand to do.
Back home I could hear a lot of singing outside and a flash revealed two local suitors seranading our pretty kittys.
And behind them an arum captured by flash.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.