Monday, 28 February 2011

bathroom

Sunday was hot so I thought well its time to do the old bathroom it won't take long then I can get into the garden. The sink came out in about an hour, could have done it in ten mins had I just started by smashing it up rather than pussyfooting around, very rusty brackets and mmm nice lead pipe work.
No sheet of damp plywood fitted above the floor level casing the tiny little bath in that takes minutes to remove, no not that easy just a solid wall of bricks and rock hard mortar.
So after another hour I went out and looked at some blossom...
Ahh plums in the making...

And peaches. 
Back to the bath, not only was it on a brick wall there were brick walls on all 4 sides and it has been set into the house wall too so I had to cut carefully into the walls all round the sides to free it, then found that the base had been settled nicely into wet concrete too rather than standing in the little metal cradles that all other baths I have ever had to remove have been on...another three hours and it was out to show a gaping hole in the floor full of sopping wet brick work ah so thats where the damp in the walls was coming from; the lead waste pipe has been leaking for many years I think and in a dead unventilated space there was no where for the damp to go. 

So its time to say- you can't make a tortilla with out breaking eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.