After the hire car fiasco it was lovely to see the garden in Sussex looking like Spring is on its way.
The day before I had to leave we had a trip to East Head where the beaches are long and wide, if a tad chilly although the boys ran around a lot and eventually ended up in their Tshirts.Good skimmy stones too.
Lovely marshes but I missed the wild geese flyovers every time.
It was not Tshirt weather in my opinion
Classic Sussex coast scene
Looking West towards Hayling Island and Portsmouth
Back in Galicia and that huge pile of wood that took ages to collect now looks like a load of matchsticks
Peach blossom is looking lovely
Where the wood was...nearly ready to start replanting after a bit more tidying and strimming
Wild flowers are appreciating the extra light
as are the little oak trees
Rhubarb is not usually something I like however this one was really sweet and tender after a week or so under a big bucket. I simmered it with some membrillo and bananas and added it to rice pudding.
Anemones are flourishing
One of my sculptures starting to settle in
Hopefully this year we will have our first mandarins
A walk down Vilarrube at night was an interesting excursion, the pictures were not purposeful but a few look ok; my torch ran out so I had to use the flash on the camera to see where I was going and check for wild boar.
Today got off to a flaming start
Eucalyptus are slowly being cleared and the landscape is changing apart from the ones next to our house that should have been cleared in 2007.18C predicted today, they said 15C yesterday and it got up to 22 so it might well be a hot one again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.