Saturday, 5 February 2011

Saturday morning bees and trees

A cool morning started out with bluegrey mists and rapidly turned into a very Summery day.
Here are three out of 12 very sleepy bees, not frosted just covered in heavy dew, so sleepy I could stroke them.

This one has a collar of parasites, if you click on the picture it will zoom in.
 
Artichokes are flourishing.
 Intense colours in a Livingstone daisy.

 The last few lemons are slowly getting there.
 Arum lilies waiting for a harsh frost to melt them.
 It took half a day to get the old van back up and running its a long story involving not having much space to work in, transmission oil, a punctured tyre and various other obstacles so I won't explain but it is now back on wood gathering duties.
 That is the mission, clear the trees, a few hours before this photo you couldnt see any trees just a jungle of brambles and bracken. Does it look hot - it was baking, I should have worn long sleeves I am a bit tingly this evening.
 Gorse smells wonderful wherever it is.
 Gazenias are settling in after being transplanted in late December.
I should get that wall painted while the weather holds up but the grey bare render really stores the heat unlike the white painted bits.


1 comment:

  1. Marvelous picture of the misty view. It is a bit more than misty here.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.