Hired car from Heathrow last week...a young man spent a while trying to persuade me to pay around £15 a day to reduce the damage waiver, it sounded like they would charge me the whole £650 for the slightest damage so I asked if I did the kind of scratch a garage might charge me £20 for would I be charged £650, no I wouldn'tt he said. Then after a pause told me that that kind of scratch would be likely to be charged at £200. Stunned I still did not pay the extra, took my keys and headed out to the car to see a bit more than my idea of a £20 scratch; a multiple mess to the wheel arch. Flattened arch detail, a dent, a lot of white undercoat showing and some black under other scratches. It was not marked on the damage record sheet, I walked around the car to see another small dent further back and numerous scratches several through to metal.
That would cost more than £20 but was not marked...Not really through the paint we wouldn't charge for that.
mmmm looks like two colours showing there to me...ok I will mark it.
A dent..not really...a dent...OK its a dent....
My idea of more than £20 again
And againOk he marked three of them I have another 8 photos of the other ones but I won't bore you any more with paint pics, I was getting really late to pick Jen up now so opened the door. Peeeuuw dogsmell and yuk something spilled down the door lining.
Ah at least the dogs were in the back not the front, dirty seat belts and plastic trim and dog hairs on the seat.
And dog hairs, crumbs, general stickyness ...
That doesn't look too bad just double click and view full size a mo, chocolate, fizzy drink spills, stickyness and loads of crumbs and grime.
Thats just the kind of stuff that happens, its hard not to get into a car with mud on your feet at this time of year...It has not bee cleaned; I am not happy...Its the only one we have got.
So now, 40mins later than I hoped to leave, I gave up, took the car and noticed the steering wheel was sticky as I drove away shuddering.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.