Wednesday, 2 March 2011

a cat, some plants and a pool

Roley cat doing sleeping he is very tranquil just now and this is his favourite place. 

 Palms are doing well in their tatty pots they were seeds under two years ago almost ready to plant out now unfortunately I can't remember which are which although I can identify the trachycarpus fortunei in the foreground there are around 30 other mixed up ones I have no idea what they are but they are all going up at the top of the place that used to be full of eucalyptus. 
 Aloe vera starting to set a little flower spike most of the info on them says they flower in Summer, maybe it will be a slow growing spike although it seems to be shooting up really rapidly; there was no sign of it three days ago when I de-snailed it.

The bathroom is progressing although you would hardly think so from the pic.
Although progress is not as rapid as hoped, this is the source of that gurgling noise that was under the bath and the reason the walls are damp. Mixed blessing really it will be good to get rid of the damp but I had not planned to be blocking old drainage and constructing new. somewhere there is a join between this problem and the toilet outlet that has to be blocked I hope it is not buried under the concrete floor or I will have to redo far more than I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.