There is a proper feel of Spring in the air just now, I still had the back door open at 10.30 last night the air is so mild.
This is the thunder storm that marked the start of warm air, just as I got to the top of my ladder ready to start cutting a hole for the new chimney last week the first drops started falling and the first of many bolts of lightning streaked across the sky so I beat a hasty retreat and took photos instead. I have done a lot of strimming but the veg is not really happening this year I just don't have time on my own.Rhubarb has come on well despite me eating a fair bit.
When the moon was at apogee last week the tides at Vilarrube were stunning the photo doesn't convey it well the water in the background by the rocks was a torrent going right to left towards the sea, in the foreground it is going left to right just as fast and in the middle was a swirling whirlpool, I was wishing I had a kayak with me.
Silky textures in the sand.
Its time for thousands of these to wash up, I have met them in NW Scotland right down to Portugal, they cover quite a range.
The Ortigueira cloud bank was on fine form on the hills behind Cedeira.
More sand
and yet more.
In the dunes the flowers are getting underway, toadflax is one of the first to show.
These grassy clumps are taller than I am and very painful if you happen to lean on their spiky bits.
this one is only 5 cm tall and has a very similar habit although no spikes at all.
Showers of crocuses on the edge of the dunes.
I got home to find the cats where they shouldn't be.

Such beautiful pictures! We just found your blog as we are thinking of moving to Galicia. It's great to find some helpful info about day to day life, weather, and wonderful places to visit etc. We just wondered though, it seems that (from reading previous posts) your family have moved back to the UK due to the difference in schooling. We just wondered (without being too personal), if this was the main reason for you thinking that Galicia may not be the place for you or your family? Or is there other reasons? Such as community, language, paperwork, cost of living, weather etc. We only ask as we are trying to get a true picture of what it is like to live in Galicia as an expat, and if there is anything we need to be particularly aware of or consider. Any info would be very welcome. Thanks Davey
ReplyDelete