Tuesday, 1 June 2010

horses in Cedeira

There was a horse thing going on in Cedeira last weekend, the aim seemed to be to trot round the course looking good and getting to the end at the right time although at times it was rather hard to tell what was going on.


This chap on the right seemed to be pushing the limits a bit.

Lots of exercise machines on the sea front here and in most towns, they get a fair bit of use too especially by older folk who congregate around them in the evenings and younger folk who get a bit silly on them well at least our two do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I see that you are still enjoying Galicia and having a few experiences on the way (your water pump!). The event in Cedeira that you attended last weekend was billed as "Horse Racing on the Beach" and here is a link to a few photos of the goings on - http://cedeiraelnortedelnorte.blogspot.com/p/fotos-de-la-carrera-de-caballos-por-la.html

    Looking at the photos, there were things other than racing along the beach going on and perhaps in different spots around the town. A tipical spot is above the town, where they will probably celebrate San Juan with a sardine cookout around the 24th of the month - I have enjoyed those in the past. This year, afraid not as I am still in Korea (South).

    Keeping with the horses, there is also a big feria for horses in Moeche, which is not too far from ValdoviƱo. You would need to make some enquiries as to when, but I am thinking that is is during this time of the year.

    Whatever, please continue to enjoy and tell us all about it.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the extra info we sort of stumbled on the Cedeira event, still struggling to understand the galician language so it was hard to tell what was going on from the running commentary. We have been to the Moeche feria in the past and will look out for it again. Moeche market has a great cheese stall, its about time I bought a new supply. I hope South Korea is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.