I spent a few days in Cornwall but took far too few pictures.My Daughter works on St Michael's Mount and we had a lovely guided tour, there is so much to see in the house and the gardens I could have spent the whole day there.
Here it is at sunset.
It has real cannons, Pirates to the West...Aim the guns... light the fuse...boom boom.. etc.

Wonderful stained glass this is Flemish and tells a story about frivolous travelers coming to a crossroad and having a chat with some damned souls about choices and being good.

Here is the Mouth of Hell where you end up if you don't take the right road. We were short of time and I got involved in talking about them rather than photographing them all unfortunately.

The view from the top is wonderful, totally exhilirating.

The house is full of weird things from around the world and across space and time, Darth Vader visited sometime in the future we think.
Living there you would get to see the sun and moonlight pass through the rooms and through the seasons, it must be breathtaking at times.
Some corners must be a bit spooky for kids by moonlight.
We also visited some Horses with Kat, this one was very very friendly, he is Andelucian and does dancing sometimes, I got the impession this is a fairly random behavour as noone is quite sure what the commands are.
He made good faces and enjoyed being scratched.
Daisy and her foal also very friendly and cute.
We did lots more lovely things, Poppy and Simon are settling in well, Jayden is strong determined and happy, the boys are having great fun with Sennen girls. I should have taken loads more photos but it was a busy rushed visit with lots of work and little time to have fun, all too soon I was looking down on Viveiro
and a couple of hours later pulling into our drive and looking at a major strimming task. The bracken is chest high in places and underpinned by brambles and tusocky grass; mixed up in that lot is the jumble of tree trunks I cut months ago I need to sort and chop and store them all somewhere...then there is the vegetable garden and the half an acre of hay needing cut.
Here it is at sunset.
Wonderful stained glass this is Flemish and tells a story about frivolous travelers coming to a crossroad and having a chat with some damned souls about choices and being good.
Here is the Mouth of Hell where you end up if you don't take the right road. We were short of time and I got involved in talking about them rather than photographing them all unfortunately.
The view from the top is wonderful, totally exhilirating.
The house is full of weird things from around the world and across space and time, Darth Vader visited sometime in the future we think.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.