Monday, 26 April 2010

More flowers well its Spring isn't it

More flowers this time mostly in our garden

Apple blossom just over the road
Strawberries mmm lovely times ahead we have loads of plants this year..just noticed there is an ant on our strawberry plant there are no shortage of ants this year and the kittens are fascinated by them.
We put a couple of tiny slips of broom in when we arrived and in its second summer one is a lovely fountain already
and the other is trying hard
Broccoli looking pretty..surely not oh yes it is lovely shade of yellow
Aquilegia and Californian poppies are just starting
I think I put too much in these pots, the anemones de caen are doing well and fresias will be in another few days.
Apple blossom not over the road this time
There's that pinky purply bush we bought
and another pretty in pink leptowhatsitsname
and the blue stuff with its white friend that looks a bit like stitchwort, my mum seemed to know every plant we ever saw in the wild I don't think i inherited quite such good recall and the common names of plants here are not as evocative as in the UK. maybe that's the kind of clue you get that you really have got to grips with a language - when the plant names and place names start to make sense...just what is the Galician equivalent of Little Piddlington I wonder.
Bottlebrush bush getting ready to be fiery...weird I never noticed before how the e moves along one space to the left from fire to fiery...strange things words are what was wrong with firey; why complicate things by messing with spellings like that I wonder.
And bluebells not the Spanish ones but growing in Spain

so there we are two days of views of flowers and lots more to come, oh blue text aren't I clever matches the bluebells very nicely errr oops how did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.