We remembered our wedding anniversary a day early this year, friend arrived early evening and we played boy games with a chainsaw and an axe, the axe was not much slower than the chainsaw on small trees but did make more blisters anyway it looked a bit like this a few days ago
and now it looks like this
We did precision chopping - watch out for that baby chestnut tree it will be part of the new forest that grows to replace the eucalyptus...whirrr zzzzuzzz zizzz zzzziizzz eeeeeeeee crump woohoo perfecto.
we did bend a few little oaks and chestnuts but they will survive. we landed one right between two new cherry trees with no damage too - that was a fortunate accident though.
The hen house even survived, we are hoping to be able to keep the few still standing at the bottom end as specimen trees as they are part of the boys tree house adventure park place. Blimey that is a lot of leaves to dispose of too, they rot down to a horrid black nasty compost.

There are still another 40 or so at the top end due to come down this weekend...we have many weeks worth of sawing and chopping ahead of us before they become a lifetime supply of firewood. I intend doing 30 mins every lunch break ad infinitum.
There are still another 40 or so at the top end due to come down this weekend...we have many weeks worth of sawing and chopping ahead of us before they become a lifetime supply of firewood. I intend doing 30 mins every lunch break ad infinitum.
Ian,
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog, quite by accident. You suddenly appeared on my “Google Alert” that I have set for Galicia and today was the first time that I saw reference to you. What caught my attention was ValdoviƱo, a very pretty part of Galicia and where a family of very good friends come from. Quickly looking through some of your more recent blogs (yes I agree, not a nice word), I see that you and your family have been in the area for 18 months and you all seem to be enjoying life there.
There are some other blog sites in and around Galicia, hosted by expat Brits and you may already know of them. If not, a good starting point is with “Thought from Galicia” hosted by Colin Davies, who live in the area of Pontevedra. Look up his site and from there, you will find numerous links to others.
Meanwhile, enjoy Galicia – I certainly do!
Hiya I have seen Colin's blog and a few others, will add a list here one day. Yes enjoying life its been a roller coaster ride but we are starting to settle in at last.
ReplyDelete