Sunday, 17 January 2010

Pantin critters

Quick play on Pantin today warm enough for the boys to play in rock pools while I looked for critters.
Eggs here not sure what kind as yet though there were loads of them in the nooks and crannies - anyone recognise them ?
Percebes or goose barnacles and weird orange stuff hiding on the overhanging roof of a little gully. The salty rubbery things are a delicacy apparantly - I will stick with veg thankyouverymuch.
Green rock v pretty gathered a small bit to see if it is any good for sculpturing.
Not sure if it is amphibole or pyroxene, it could be green tourmaline I need to get a lense on it to check the cleavage angles on the crystals but it does vaguely remind me of the ultrabasic dykes near Achmelvich in Sutherland. It appers to be a a series of narrow boudinaged basic / ultra-basic intrusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.